The skill that I use the most with my buyers is my ability to listen. When we first meet, I listen to learn about you and what you are looking for. I listen when we review available homes on the internet, and I listen when we tour properties, listening for the nuances that guide me to finding just the right home for you. Looking at dozens of properties can be tiring for you, and my goal is to understand your true priorities, as these can change as you look at properties. Although a garage or storage area may not have been on your original list of wants and needs, it may become more important to you through the process of reviewing properties.
Here is a brief summary of the other services I provide buyers:
- I can guide you to the right home for your needs and can help you find homes that may not quite meet your needs now, but they could with just a few tweaks.
- I will help you make an informed real estate investment decision by providing all the stats and trends in the real estate market you are buying in.
- I provide important local information based on a lifetime of living in this area.
- I help my clients understand not only the process, but also the various forms required for a real estate purchase. You may be a seasoned buyer, but I always make sure you have all the information you need and make sure all your questions are answered.
- If you are not yet prequalified with a lender, I have contact information for several lenders that I have worked with for years. I can provide you with and help you find lending options that match your particular borrowing situation.
- Once you have found the right home, I will help you write a strong offer and guide you through different offer options. Price is usually the variable that is focused on most, but it is only one piece of the puzzle.
- I will negotiate strongly on your behalf, looking for a win-win situation which focuses on your priorities.
- Once the offer is accepted, that is where my attention to detail really shines. There are a lot of deadlines to keep track of from inspection to lending, seller disclosure and more, and I will make sure we stay on track and you are kept informed every step of the way. My goal is for you to relax and enjoy this process as much as you can, with confidence that what may be your biggest investment is in great hands.
Tips for Getting Started
The key to finding the right home or selling your home is bringing a healthy dose of patience. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Before you start house-hunting, decide out how much house you can afford. If you will be obtaining a loan, I can refer you to a loan officer to pre-qualify you for your home loan. Please see the financing section for additional information.
- If you are selling a home concurrent to purchasing one, discuss logistics with your lender since we may need to alter our home search strategy to account for this timing.
- Prioritize what is most important and what is least important in a home and make an initial list. I will go over this list with you and ask you additional questions so we can begin your home search in earnest.
- Review neighborhoods. Although we will be focusing on individual homes in our home search, you may find it helpful to review neighborhoods as you are purchasing a neighborhood as much as you are a home.
- When we view homes, you may find it helpful to keep track with notes, by taking photos or even with a video camera. It can get overwhelming remembering which features go with which home.
Some additional things you will need to address along the way include completing a home inspection once you make an offer, and understanding costs to move or store your belongings (if required).